Welcome to Zoom Ride app
The Information we collect
Zoom Ride collects the following data from you:
- Personal information provided by the User, including without limitation:
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Payment details (e.g. credit card details).
- Billing address
We collect personal information when you sign up for our Services, when you access our Services or otherwise provide us with the information, which you agree to supply us as accurate.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the company.
Other information we collect includes demographics through user survey, Criminal history of driver as allowed by the law.
- Usage and Location Data. Zoom Ride collects location information (including GPS and WiFi data) differently depending on your Zoom Ride app settings and device permissions as well as whether you are using the platform as a Rider or Driver. Riders: We collect your device’s precise location when you open and use the Zoom Ride app, including while the app is running in the background from the time you request a ride until it ends. Drivers: We collect your device’s precise location when you open and use the app, including while the app is running in the background when it is in driver mode. We also collect precise location for a limited time after you exit driver mode in order to detect ride incidents, and continue collecting it until a reported or detected incident is no longer active. Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the like the date, time, destination, distance, route, payment, and whether you used a promotional or referral code). This information is created when you use our Services.
- Communication Data. This information is created when you use our services. Zoom Ride collects communication data through processes like calling, chatting or sending messages to each other through Zoom Ride app which serves as the platform between Drivers and Riders.
- Device used to access the service. This information is created when you use our services for the purpose of knowing the device used on Zoom Ride app. This includes but not limited to the device IP address, unique device identifiers, service provider, unique device identifiers etc.
- Registration Information. This information is received when you register an account with Zoom Ride App and includes your name, phone number and email address.
- As a Driver and Rider, we collect your information about your location when the app is running in the foreground or background of your device. This is to enable us know your location, Linking or matching Riders with Drivers, suggesting destinations based on previous trips, your present location when you are using the app, protection of users and other members of the public.
- Information We Collect from Third Parties. Third party services provide us with information needed for core aspects of the Zoom Ride Platform, as well as for additional services, programs, loyalty benefits, and promotions that can enhance your Zoom Ride experience. These third party services include background check providers, insurance partners, financial service providers, marketing providers, and other businesses.
- Security Video. If an Rider or Driver initiates the SOS button feature within the Zoom Ride App, we live stream and record (with audio) inside the Vehicles through cameras within the Driver vehicles and/or through the camera of the Rider’s device. Recordings initiated within the SOS button feature within the Zoom Ride App (each, a “Security Video”) are uploaded to a secure cloud server through a third party service partner and is stored to increase the safety and security of our Riders, Drivers and any other persons within the Vehicle. Each person, Driver, Rider and any passenger, that enters into an Zoom Ride Vehicle hereby acknowledges and agrees that if either the Driver or the Rider initiates the SOS button feature within the Zoom Ride App, that (i) that such person may be recorded at any time during a trip and its immediate aftermath, (ii) that Zoom Ride has the authority to review and view the Security Video, and (iii) that Zoom Ride is the sole and undisputed owner of all Security Video.
How we use your data
We use the information we collect from you for the following:
- Register and administer your account.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve or maintain our Service.
- Connect Riders with Drivers.
- To provide and maintain our Service.
- Facilitate communications between Riders and Drivers.
- Facilitate transactions and payments.
- Diagnose technical and service problems.
- To customize the app and Service for you.
- For customer support.
- Send communications and administrative emails about the Service and reply to your inquiries;
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To notify you about changes to our Service.
- Sending emails and text messages to Drivers who have started the driver application process regarding the status of their application.
- Handling payment.
- For identification purposes.
- Monitor app usage metrics such as total number of visitors.
- Track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the app.
- For the sake of our drivers, we use their information to Inform drivers about request from riders to secure their services and other updates.
- Improve the quality and safety of the Website, App and Service and perform internal operations.
- Analyze, benchmark and conduct research on Rider and Driver data and interactions with the Service.
- Perform accounting, auditing and other corporate procedures.
- Prevent and identify fraud and other unlawful activity.
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
- Respond to trust and safety issues that may arise, including auto incidents, disputes between Riders and Drivers, and requests from government authorities.
Submission, Storage, Sharing of Personal Data and Confidential information
We respect your privacy and we understand the salient and confidential nature of the information you provide to us; so we assure you that all information supplied to us will be held privileged. However, there are times we may disclose your information to third parties, this includes:
- To the extent necessary for the purpose of providing our service, the personal data which you give us during the registration process may be transferred to third parties like subsidiaries, and affiliates who we engage from time to time to provide us with any services or facilities, data processing on our behalf which we use for the purpose of administering our business and providing our products and services to you.
- In the event of an incident, we can disclose your information with our insurance partner. The essence of such disclosure is for them to be able to determine necessary coverage when the incident occur.
- Law enforcement agencies for the purpose of investigating crimes, address fraud, by a subpoena or court of law, to prevent violation of terms of service, security issues, protection and safety of users or for other security matters permitted by the law.
- We may reveal the data or information of a Driver to a Rider who needs the service provider’s service. Information like name and photo, vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; location, total number of trips and Drivers will be able to see the pick-up location that the Rider has provided. Depending on the nature of such service needed for the purpose of performing such requested service.
- We can also share your information and your use of the service with our partners to get more information about you and if you connect to the app through an integration with third party service please not that we are not restricted from informing such third party.
- We also disclose your data to our service providers like consultant, third party vehicle suppliers, Cloud storage providers, lawyers, accountants, service providers who are responsible for Payment processing and consultant.
- We can also disclose your information if you tell us to do so (With your consent).
Please ensure to keep your confidential information and password away from third parties; please note that we will not be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the Confidential Information or Other Information that you voluntarily share.
It is your responsibility to protect your own username and password from disclosure to others. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your username, password or account information. If you share your username or password with others, they may be able to obtain access to your personal information at your own risk.
If you notice your account has been breached, please inform us of it promptly.
In the event of any change, modification or alteration in our operational activities, such modification or changes will be brought to your notice promptly by posting such update on our application or through an email update.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between us and you shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
Personal Data may be retained for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority. Data can also be retained for the purpose of curtailing fraud and security purposes. The personal data that you provide when registering with Zoom Ride is retained until you ask us to delete it.
Zoom Ride app can also retain data if the account holder is unruly or commits a grievous offence against Zoom Ride so that such user does not have the opportunity to register with Zoom Ride again.
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
Zoom Ride is not directed to children, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact our support team.
All the information you supplied to us are safe and secure. Your Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
You may unsubscribe to our e-newsletters or updates at any time through the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mail communications. You can also opt out of receiving text messages from Zoom Ride app, Push Notifications(This can however restrict or prevent you from being updated about important information like notification message that your ride has arrived) and Location Information (i.e by making your location unknown to others.) . In other words, we offer you the chance to “opt-out” from having your personally identifiable information used for particular functions, when we ask you for this detail. Please note that the location of the rider and driver cannot be hidden, they are compulsory for the service to be effective.
When you register on Zoom Ride app, if you do not want to receive any additional material or notifications from us, you can show your preference on our registration form.
Privacy Policies of Other Websites
We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of any other individual, company or entity whose website or materials may be linked to our Website or its Content, and thus we cannot be held liable for the privacy of the information on their website or that you voluntarily share with their website. Please review their privacy policies for guidelines as to how they respectively store, use and protect the privacy of your Confidential Information and Other Information.
Viewing by Others
Note that whenever you voluntarily make your Confidential Information or Other Information available for viewing by others online through this Website or its Content, it may be seen, collected and used by others, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the Confidential Information or Other Information that you voluntarily share.
Security/protection of your information
We appreciate and value the information you give to us so we take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information, your information is protected both online and offline. Whenever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We are committed to protecting your data. Even though we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data.
Assignment of Rights
For any question about this privacy, kindly contact us on the following:
Telephone no: +1-888-303-4880